Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, July 02, 2007

I'm back!

Been meaning to sit down to this for awhile!

We finally got a new keyboard (thanks, Chris!) so all the keys work now, which is great. Yay!

We got new phones last week. That's right, now we can blend in with the rest of society, because we have ringtones! And texting! And cameras! Of course, we don't use any of it, but hey, at least we look cool now. We'd had the same phones for about five years prior to that. They were OLD and outdated big-time!

We're having a cookout next weekend , but I keep thinking it's this weekend. Keep trying to make grocery lists and stuff. It'll be fun. My friends are actually coming to this one. And MAYBE even Mike's loser friends. I don't mean that they're really losers, just that they don't usually show for stuff like this.

It's been raining every day for a month, because apparently Texas has been transported to the tropics. There's standing water everywhere in the yard. I literally had to dredge canals in the backyard to drain some of it in the backyard. I got a pretty good sunburn doing that yesterday, because afterward I pulled weeds and scrubbed the mud off the patio and replaced the bricks that the mud had disturbed out of the retaining wall...Last year it was wildfires, this year it's unbelievable flooding.

I pulled the carpet out of Autumn's room yesterday. We really don't have the money to redo her room right now, but she's been after me for months, so I had to make a good-faith gesture that yes we are gonna do it! We can't do anything else till we get to a fabric store though. She's redoing in in a jungle cat theme. Tigers and leopards and cheetahs (which aren't, in fact, jungle cats.) Should be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home