Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, January 03, 2008

A summary...

Pre-Christmas



A few days before Christmas, our power went out in the evening. It was cold. It was out for around an hour while we huddled in front of our fireplace. I don't like cold, that's why I live here. Anyway, it came back on and we all survived, and that's when our psycho alarm went off.



I should explain a few things about this alarm. We built this house (by which, of course, I mean other people who get paid for that sort of thing built it for us) in 2001 and moved in in the last week of that year. The perimeter alarm came with the house and it was kind of nice; beeped when the doors or windows were opened, and since the kids were small, it helped me keep tabs on them. But we never had it activated - it wasn't really necessary since the crime rate around here is about zero. So anyway, it beeped. A few years down the road, it started beeping randomly. Just here and there, no big deal. But then it started beeping randomly ALL THE TIME, so Mike just unhooked all the wires from the keypad since we had no number to call and therefore no way to stop the beep. That was about a year and a half ago.



I thought we killed it for good.



I was wrong.



After the power came back on, the alarm started going off. And I mean full blown wailing like we were being broken into. And I'm standing there staring at the siren thingy yelling, "WE NEVER HAD IT ACTIVATED!" For maybe a full minute it went off. And then, it went off again. I called Mike to see if he had any idea how to shut the stupid thing up, but he didn't. And the keypad was no help because we had disconnected all the wires. So finally it shut up by itself.



The third time it went off, Mike was home and being tall enough to do such things, ripped the siren thingy off the ceiling and cut the wires.



It's fixed now.





Christmas



We have to do Christmas three times, so it gets pretty hectic. We do my parents Christmas Eve, us Christmas morning, and Mike's family that afternoon. I'm always exhausted when it's over, and this year I had to work the next day, so four thirty came pretty early. But it was nice and I got a sewing machine that I'm a little excited about, and also an Eyeclops that's lots of fun. And about eighty dollars in Target gift cards. That's a little overwhelming; I don't know what to get!



After Christmas



We went to the Stars game on New Year's Eve which is usually fun, but guess what? We won a seat upgrade and got to sit two rows back from the glass!! And it was cool!!! And it would have been the best New Year's ever, but the game really sucked. I mean, probably the worst hockey game I've ever been to. Ever. We had these awesome seats and the game sucked! The Stars lost 1-0. how horrible is that?? And, I forgot my camera so I had to take crappy pictures with the phone. I was mad about that. It was neato to sit there though.




We were this close ...



cool, huh?



Mike's been trying to buy a truck but we're running into problems because we still owe so much on his car, and he wants to trade it in instead of trying to sell it. I've been trying to convince him just to put the thing up for sale but I don't think he'll do it. We owe ten on it but I think we could get eight or eight and a half for it and then we could just deal with the leftover but he doesn't want the hassle. He only likes instant gratification. So, if you or anyone you love wants an 05 Taurus, let me know!

So, I guess that's it for now. How were your holidays?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home