Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pushy people are annoying

I would like to point out that the fact that I don't believe that there's some supreme being controlling my life, doesn't make me an atheist. I'm nobody's puppet, but I believe that gods are real for most people. However, I do think that it's crass in the extreme to try to force your religion on someone else. It's just like those annoying sales people that come to your door and won't leave even when you tell them that you're not interested in their wares. If a person likes something that much, that's great; but it doesn't mean it's okay for everyone. I find that Christians are the worst about trying to convert people, and I find that odd since Christians are supposed to be loving and tolerant, aren't they? So seriously, stop praying for me. I prefer to believe in my own ability to get things done rather than hope some noncorporeal being will step in and help me out. And besides that, since I don't believe in your god, I really don't have any hope for salvation anyway, aye?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home