Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, August 06, 2007

Shopping sucks

I recently went on another of my sporadic forays into the world of clothes shopping. I hate shopping, especially for pants. But I really really need new work pants and I just can't find any that fit. So we drove to Arlington where I had no luck at all, and then came home where I spent three hours online looking for khaki pants. Just plain khaki pants. Not khaki colored denim, not with a big flare, not embroidered, not ultra-low-on-waist, not "cute"...just plain career pants to wear to work. I got nada. It's VERY DIFFICULT to find pants that have a small enough waist size and also a 32" inseam that are NORMAL. I hate having to shop in the juniors' department. I don't like trendy clothes, and I can't wear them to work anyway. The only place I found a pair was in the Penney's catalogue for forty dollars. Or two for fifty. I don't even have forty dollars for one pair, much less fifty for two. I was hoping for the twenty dollar price range...

Speaking of clothes, I went through the kids' clothes since it's back to school time. Autumn has fifteen pairs of pants that fit her. That's 15. And that's not even counting the capris and gauchos and skirts. he definitely won't need pants. Brandon, on the other hand, has two pairs. But to be fair, he's got plenty of warm shirts; Autumn only has two shirts with long sleeves.

I also cleaned out the garage this weekend. That was loads of fun. I've discovered I own four tape measures. But I got a lot of junk out of there, and now there's room, which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home