Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random stories from the past month

New Year's Eve, we were driving in downtown Dallas on the way to the Stars game when I see Mike make this face and crack his window. I said, "Did you just fart?!" Ha said no, but then he starts waving his hand. So I got scared and started helping him wave the smell (liar!) out the window and holding my gloves over my nose. Then I started laughing uncontrollably because I'm thinking how funny this must look to other people...window down when it's freezing and both of us waving out hands and making faces. I would laugh hard if I saw someone else doing that!

Last night, we went out for our anniversary. I don't normally like to paint my nails, especially red, but Mike likes them that way so I thought for him, I'd paint them. So I'm sitting on the edge of the tub while the water's draining out and painting my nails. Just as I put the first coat on my last nail, the ENTIRE FRICKIN' BOTTLE of polish slides off of the (sloped) edge of the tub and into the bathwater. The polish is chugging out of the bottle and beading on the bottom of the tub, and some of it is floating to the top and spreading like an oil slick. What a huge mess. And the bottom of the tub is textured so no amount of nail polish remover and scrubbing will take it off. I'm just hoping it will wear off eventually.

We went to buy a new bottle of vodka and Mike wanted to get something new. I wanted Stoli. I like Stoli. But I let him convince me and we were looking at all the bottles, and we Find Russian Polar Bear vodka. It's got a nice picture of a polar bear on it. Mike said, "Look at this one!" And I said "That much vodka (1.75L) for twenty bucks (actually like twenty-five, it was on sale) can't be very good." But the guy that worked there said it was actually pretty good, so we decided to get it. So we take it up to the register and Mike's paying for it and the lady still insisted on seeing my ID (will this never end?) and took it home.
Should have got the Stoli.
It's not horrible, but I'm not recommending Polar Bear vodka to anyone.

A couple weeks ago, I was bringing groceries into the house and I had the door standing open. My cat (the psychotic one, not the normal lazy cat-like one) was following my in and out wanting to play. I was busy, so I was ignoring her.
Then she disappeared.
I found her about halfway up the doorjamb, one paw in the garage, one paw in the house, just hanging there watching me. I don't know what she was planning but I waited for her to move before I went through the door.

I'm forced to miss another fun gathering of geeks next month. Jon probably just thinks I'm avoiding him, but I can assure you I think the gathering of geeks would be fun. I like geeks, seeing as I am one. But, alas, it's not to be.

I get a long-weekend vacation in May for Jen's wedding. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home