Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Computer Junkie

By the way...You know, I can never remember what day American Idol comes on. But I wish I could so that I could remember to avoid the break room the next day! Geez. Groups of women going on and on about the show... You know, I know it’s an unpopular decision (like that’s ever stopped me from saying something!) but I really wish that all these stupid reality shows would go back to the oblivion that they so richly deserve. They’re STUPID! I can’t imagine a bigger waste of time that staring at the tube for hours, living vicariously through complete stranger’s lives (as opposed to staring at the computer, reading complete stranger’s blogs, right? :) ). I mean, really. But that’s just me...I don’t watch much TV. Half the shows that are on now, I can feel my IQ dropping when I see them, you know? It’s like being bombarded with stupidity...
Mike’s been after me lately to get another computer. Not that there’s anything wrong with ours, I mean he can play all his games on it and stuff...no, he wants one of his own, so he doesn’t have to share time, I guess. Right. There’s no WAY this is gonna happen unless he starts spending less time with the stupid thing. You have to understand, Mike is a computer junkie. Not an Internet junkie, though, so that’s good.... He spent 5 hours straight on it today, playing Baseball Mogul...Ok, I like the computer, too, but I don’t ignore everyone else to play on it... I like Tetris. It’s a stupid addicting game and I love it! Plus I’m really good at it...it’s the one game of ANY sort that I’m better than Mike at... but I don’t play it for HOURS ON END! He doesn’t think it’s any big deal, though, so I don’t see how I can make him understand that it’s a problem! Yeesh. I guess this is vent time, huh? Ok, time to focus on something else... dang i’m hungry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home