Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The kids were doing "experiments" yesterday involving a wide variety of substances including curry powder. It seems that a lot of it ended up spilled on the dining room carpet, and now my house smells like curry. I can't get rid of the smell...

As I do every day, I poured coffee into one of my many travel mugs right before I left the house the other day. This particular mug was metal, and whan I grabbed it to go, it was HOT! Burned me, it did! Talked like Yoda I just did, I know not why. Anyway, I think the insulation's going in that one, because it was cold by 7:15. Eeeww.

Autumn's swimming lessons end this week, and I despair of the girl learning anything! Mike says she's still not doing much better. On the other hand, I watched her gymnastics class yesterday, and she's coming along in that. With her swimming, all this week and last week all I've had to get ready for school is Brandon. Mornings are much quieter and calmer this way!

Mike said they hired some new guy ages ago to run his machine on day shift. He said the guy's finally supposed to start working by himself this week, and that this guy's not ready at all. I kinda hope he's really bad and gets fired, which I suppose is a bit evil of me, but Mike needs some overtime! He hasn't worked any Fridays in about a month, which means that he's only gotten about 36 hours to each check. They've been tiny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home