Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I was reading in Kodiak's blog ( I don't know if I've linked to this yet in my side column, but I will--he's a very eloquent writer and incredibly good at expressing his thoughts; rare enough these days) a comment he made about Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show. Now, at the time, I thought, Huh, I didn't know he had a show. He's a funny funny guy, I should check this out. As if I'm up for late shows anymore. The odd thing was, as soon as I woke up this morning, I remembered that I already knew about his show. I've never wached it, but I knew about it. I just thought that was an odd first thought for the day. My eyes weren't even open yet, and I thought, "Hey, wait, I knew that." Wierd.

I was first introduced to Mr. Ferguson (having not watched the Drew Carey show very often) in VH1's "decade shows"--you know, I Love the 70's and all that-- and I think he's quite funny. His take on the whole bit several years back with Hugh Grant and the prostitute was terribly funny. I laugh every time I think about it. They should get him on Who's Line...that's a great show. One of the few things on TV that make me laugh; I hate reality shows and there's no sitcoms anymore.. People are always suprised that I don't ever watch comedies (didn't mean to switch subjects so fast, but I'm talking about movies now) given that I laugh a lot and like to make other people laugh, but the thing is, American comedies are so stupid. I hate feeling like my IQ is dropping when I watch a movie. They're all either stupid teen movies or "romantic comedies" which is another phrase for crap. Give me a good coup movie anytime. Or a sweeping epic drama. Or something where stuff blows up. I will, however, watch British comedy, but that's different, because they're Brits. There are a few American actors I think are funny; Nicholas Cage and Will Smith leap to mind, and then of course the guys and gals from the now defunct era of sitcom stardom...

My grandparents were down this weekend, and while it was great to see them, I'm exhausted now. I can't wait till this weekend so I can sleep sleep sleep! And now I've run out of time, so I gotta cut this off. Bye now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home