Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy 4th!

Long weekends are nice!

Oh yeah, except for Friday. We had a little storm blow through Friday, but it was enough to knock out our power. Now, imagine being in Texas, in the afternoon, in July, with no AC. For five hours! It was 6:30 before our power came back on, and was it ever hot in here. Not fun! Other than that, I was really looking foward to this weekend. It was the first in a long time that we didn't have anything to do, and it was nice to relax. I didn't even have to leave the house Saturday; that was a rare treat in itself. Sunday night we went to see the fireworks -- Midlothian puts on a great show every year, it's something the whole town turns out for. Can't beat sitting on a blanket on a grassy hill and watching fireworks. It'd be perfect but for the rednecks!

Monday Gary Thorne called a baseball game. That was cruel. I was sitting at my computer minding my own business when I heard his voice, so I shot out in the livingroom expecting hockey ( it would have been an old game, of course, but beggers can't be choosers) and it was baseball! Not that I have anything against baseball, it's a worthy sport, but the lack of hockey is killing me. Supposedly they're going to be signing an agreement in the next couple of weeks, but I'll believe that when I see it...

1 Comments:

  • You know, having lost my AC more than twice while living in Dallas, I'm beginning to assume that every resident in the state of Texas has lost their AC at least once. Hot's the word.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home