Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Friday, July 01, 2005

Sleeping habits

It takes me a long time to fall asleep at night, so I have lots of time to think about things while I'm laying there. And over the last couple of weeks I've noticed two things--I only roll counter-clockwise and I don't curl up, I curl down, which tends to result in me waking up halfway down the bed. But not only that, there's particular steps I take within the rolling, too. Here's what happens:

I'll lay down on my right side first. After a while, I'll roll onto my stomach, then I'll roll to my left side by pushing my left arm under my body to the right side.Then it's onto my back and I tuck my right foot under my right shoulder (I know this sounds impossible if you've never seen it, but it's a normal way to relax for me!) then back to my right side again, the whole process repeating any number of times. And on each side, my hands, feet and legs have set places to go. Regardless of how long it takes, though, I always sleep on my stomach.

All this made me wonder...does everyone have habits like this, or am I just odd? Cuz Mike lays down on his back and he's asleep in two minutes. I suppose probably everyone has their own little habits, but being that you sleep from birth, most people don't notice them all that much. And I'd imagine most people don't really care, either...

2 Comments:

  • My sleeping habits are similar. I usually start by laying on my left side, then right, then left, then my back, then left, then right, and sometimes on my stomach, but that never lasts because my neck begins to hurt, and I don't have one of those pillows that allows you to lay face down, which would be nice, but I always end up sleeping on my back. Although it's painful, and I have back problems, and my darned mattress always sags, so that compounds the problem!

    Needless to say, I wake up every morning with a sore back.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at 6:45 AM  

  • Yeah, and what's funny is that during the day, I'm very impulsive; I start things when I think of them and tend to leave projects half-finished. How can I have such strict sleeping habits?!

    By Blogger Athena, at 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home