Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, October 17, 2005

This weekend was a mess.

Friday, my car died on the way to work; I had to call Mike and wake him up to take me to work. He put a new battery in it, drove it up to the school, and it proceeded to die again. Yay. So he ended up calling a friend of his to tow it to the shop here in town on Sunday...that's where it is now. The general concenses is that it's the fuel pump...I love being poor!

Brett Hull retired. For good. I'm very, very sad!
At 41, it wasn't unexpected. What was unexpected is that the announcment came just five games into the season, hours before he was to take to the ice. What's worse, the only time Phoenix has played Dallas this season--the only time I'd have been able to watch him play--was the game on OLN that I didn't get to see because of stupid Dish Network. The last time he'd ever play in Dallas, and no one knew it, and I DIDN"T GET TO SEE IT!! Arrgh! The only good news is that he's always spoken of working for the Stars organization, and he'll live in Dallas now, and the Stars said the door was open. Maybe they'll invent a position for him like they did for Carbonneau.

Once again, we've waited until the last minute to find discount cupons to the fair. McDonalds has them, but the question is whether they still have them this late! I told Mike to call around today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home