Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Playing catch-up again

Been awhile again. Sorry!

Christmas is coming fast. Guess what? Not only am I not done shopping, I've not even decorated my house yet. We're doing the gift exchange thing with Mike's family again this year, and I've no idea what to make for that, either. We had this bottle of wine Mike was gonna put in, but then we discovered that it had ew sludge in the bottom. So now I've got to figure out what to do about that too. Yay.

We missed work today because of the weather. I kinda like having Thursday off, then there's only one day till the weekend. And thankfully, we don't have anything to do this weekend except get a tree. Yay!

Last Saturday we took the kids to a Brahmas game...their first hockey game! Autumn liked it a lot, but Brandon fell asleep in the third. They won, too; 4-1. All in all, not bad for minor league hockey. The venue was tiny though. it was strange after being used to Stars games and the AAC, or even Reunion. I miss that place. It was soooo loud there.

We still haven't gotten our tickets for the New Year's Eve game. I'm worried they'll sell out before we get them and it's always a great game! I want to take the kids this year, but being this late, we'll have to wait and see.

The Stars won again last night. Yay! Man, we do love our Finns here; three of the four goals were scored by the Finnish line. If only the Stars and Turco in particular (who, by the way, was named defensive player of the month for November after the Stars won I think all but two of their games in the month) had started like this, they wouldn't have to be doing catch-up. The good news is that they have games in hand over just about everyone, and so have a very good chance of taking over the conference lead this month. Time will tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home