Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Concern over the native intelligence of the mailman...

I have to tell you a story.

Last weekend, I wrote a check for Mike's truck payment, but not wanting it to clear before we got paid, I stuck a note on it that said "Mail Monday." So I get home Monday afternoon and of course Mike had failed to mail it and the mail had already come by. So I stuck it in the box.

Forgot to take the note off first.

Now, the note seemed pretty self-explanatory to me. Mail Monday. Just a reminder note, right?

Mailman didn't take it. Not only did he leave it in our box Tuesday, he put his own note on it.

"It is your job to mail this Monday. I cannot be held responsible."

Seriously. Did he think I expected him to turn back time? Are mailmen even allowed to leave stuff in a box if it's got postage and an address?

Anyway, I'm all out of time now, so I'll have to tell you about the game and the injury tomorrow...

1 Comments:

  • Wow. I'm laughing my butt off. Of course, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, but you have to admit, if it were someone else, you would probably be laughing too. Sorry I've been so out of touch. Tell Mike and the kids hi for me.

    By Blogger erin, at 3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home