Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring cleaning

Got a lot done yesterday....cleaned the garage, put Christmas in the attic, trimmed the tree where the kiddos broke it, did a little in the garden. All the while I was thinking that it was Saturday- I had a training all day Saturday to go to and so it was like working six days. Yuck.

Mike didn't get a paycheck last week, so I couldn't buy groceries (or anything else)so I had to take all his tips from yesterday to go buy a little food today. Nothing like having to go to Wal*mart on Monday.

Here's the story...

Last week, he worked very little because something on his machine blew up (while he wasn't there, so they can't blame him!)and the couldn't fix it till the weekend. And when I say very little, I mean maybe nine or ten hours. So anyway, Thursday comes and no deposit. Friday he making calls trying to figure out what happened--because of course he never brought home his stub-- and it turns our that he made just enough after taxes to cover the stuff that comes out, insurance and dental and all. No money, no check! Wow. I can't wait till my car is paid off.

Yay! The Stars won yesterday! Too bad we still can't catch Detroit for top spot in the West, but darn it, they just won't lose! Turco got an NHL-leading 38th victory in the game, and Modano set a franchise record for power-play goals. Bill Guerin is still listed as week-to-week...I hope he gets back in soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home