Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Yay Stars

My Stars have been doing very well lately. Except last night when they lost, darn it. They're pretty firmly in second place in the West, but they just can't quite seem to catch Detroit. I believe that now they're six points back, which means that the Stars have to win three and Detroit has to lose three. So please join me in hating the Wings for the next few weeks...

Bill Guerin got a nasty nasty cut when he caught a stick in the eye last week. Ten stiches below his eye, two stitches ON HIS EYELID, surgery to repair his orbital bone, plates inserted, the whole bit. He's not allowed to do anything till Wednesday when he'll be re-evaluated. We need Billy Guerin.

Jussi Jokenin missed.

The kid was perfect in shootouts. Better than anyone. Nine for nine and also converted on his only penalty shot, but a goalie finally stopped him the last time Stars went to shootout. However, the Stars still won, leaving them best in the league at 10 for 10 in the new shootout.

I'd been having a really good run with my fantasy hockey team, but then the guy behing me had two really good nights in a row and I've been chasing ever since. I've been stuck in second place for about a week and a half. I don't like second place.

Last week was spring break, so the work load was really light. Unfortunatly, they all came back yesterday. I wasn't ready. But, only two more months till summer! I can deal with that. The kiddos are staying home this summer so we can save some money. I can't wait till this year's over so my car will be paid off.

Um, I'm sure there's more to talk about since I don't think I've done this in a week or so, but my brain doesn't work this early. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home