Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Redecorating is fun!

I re-did Brandon's room this weekend. It was mostly tons of fun, but prep work sucks and I'm tired of having his stuff all over the house. I feel like there's no room to breathe here. Luckily, the last coat of sealer goes on today and then he can move back in there! Yay!

Let me tell you a story. I thought it would be wise to etch the concrete before I painted it. My mom did it in her house they're building, so I figured it wouldn't be too hard. I even read the instructions first; no special instructions for an interior room, just a zillion cautions to rinse thoroughly as not to leave any acid reside. I didn't think, Hey, my mom had NO WALLS AND NO FLOORS in their unfinished house she did this in!! What a mess. I really think I made it worse. If you've ever etched a floor, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, get a water extractor first. Towels don't cut it. There was water EVERYWHERE. Still, it was worth it. Painting is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home