Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, February 09, 2004

all-star game

wow. I did NOT want to get up this morning. I slept until 4:50 this morning, but luckily I made Brandon's lunch last night so I had some extra time today.

Mike had to work Saturday, but I didn't get anything done that day. Usually when Mike's not home I get the house clean. Sunday I went to Target and finished up all of Brandon's birhday shopping. All I've got left to do is buy the rest of the stuff for his party, you know, forks and stuff. I bought the plates and things on clearance before Autumn's birthday, and man are they cute!

The All-Star game was good yesterday, but not as good as last year's. I don't think anything will compare to that, with the great shoot out at the end. Joe Sakic got the MVP, which suprised me. Sakic deserved it with his hat trick, but I figured they'd be determined to give it to Messier. Turco made a good showing as well, allowing one goal on ten shots. Only Broduer did better with one goal on 11 shots. After the game Bettman was ranting about the CBA again. Everyone involved is being so stubborn...no one's any closer to agreeing on anything and next season's really gonna suck with no NHL...you can guarentee none of the networks are gonna jump on broadcasting the iffy World Hockey Leauge games...It's all very depressing, really...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home