Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Gravity+physics=disaster

Happy St. Pat's! I don't have to work today, so I thought I'd relate a story and teach a valuable lesson all at once this morning....

First, let me preface this tale by saying that I am an intelligent woman, but when I get involved in something, it's usually to the exclusion of everything else...I'm painting my bedroom a rather splendid shade of tan, about the color of sandstone. It's really quice nice. So, of course, painting the walls involved moving all the miscellaneous stuff away from the walls, so I'm taking drawers out of dressers and the like so that I can move all our furniture and stuff. So, of course, when I get to the aquarium, I have to drain it, because thirty gallons of water weighs rather a lot, I'm afraid. Now, draining an aquarium isn't really all that difficult; just a matter of a largish bucket and a long bit of tubing and physics, but (now here's the tricky part, so pay attention) you have to remember that you're doing it because otherwise your four-year-old will come in sometime later and go, "mommy, that's spilling..." Oh my God! Water everywhare, the aquarium is half empty when the bucket was only designed to hold maybe eight gallons of water, and by the way, small fish become quite distressed when sucked through tubing barely bigger than they are and then deposited into a bucket... Thank goodness for steam cleaners/water exractors...

I bought iron-on transfer paper for the printer yesterday. Yay! I had loads of fun with it. You might be interested to know that you can't actually iron on a transfer on to flip-flops. Didn't really think you could, but I thought I'd try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home