Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, April 25, 2005

I spent my whole weekend running errands. It wasn't fun! We need to replace the cartridge on our shower and apparently we have the one faucet that no one carries parts for anymore - which wouldn't be so bad if the people in home improvement stores didn't feel the need to argue with me! This is the second time this has happened, too...we had to replace the cartridge on the other shower last year and after arguing with the people at Lowe's we finally found the part at Home Depot. So naturally we went to Home Depot this time...here's how it went:

Me: I need a new cartridge for a Delta faucet.
Guy:Cartridge?
Me: Yes, the white part inside the faucet.
Guy: Is this just one handle or two?
Me: Just one; it's a single knob shower.
Guy: Are they long levers or short ones?
Me:(feeling exasperated) No, it's a KONB!
Guy: Is it leaking or what?
Me:(duh)Yes.
Guy:Oh. Well, then what you need is to replace the seats.
Me:(arrggghhh!) No, I've already done that. I need to replace the whole part; I've already had to do it to my other shower.
Guy:So when you take it all apart, there's the ball in there?
Me: No! We don't have the ball-type faucet!
Guy: Oh! I know what you're talking about! You have the kind with the actual cartridge! (Note: Isn't this what I said at the beginning?!) Yeah, we don't sell those anymore....

I spent ages looking for shorts to wear on the weekends and stuff. See, the problem is that women's sizes in stores that I can afford only go down to a 4. More expensive stores sell smaller sizes, but I can't afford those, so I'm stuck shopping the junior section at cheaper stores. And how long do you think junior shorts are? Yeah, the "long" ones had about a two inch inseam. I'm sorry, I don't want my butt hanging out! So after much futile effort, I finally went to the clearance rack at Target, bought three pairs of size 14 girls pants, took them home and cut them off. Ha! now I have shorts!!

I'm one step closer to joining the Rebel Legion.(yes, I'm a dork!)..I got my Jedi boots! Can you believe it? The Force really was with me! Knee high soft brown boots. Now, all I need is a pair of sandy colored leggings and I'm good to go! I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home