Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Friday, April 29, 2005

I think I mentioned I got new grill parts... Anyway, when I took the guts out of the grill, I thought before I put the new stuff in I'd hose all the crud out of the grill first. It seems like a good idea, right? Now, here's the background...

I have two hoses - the good one in the front yard and the old one on the backyard. The old one we only use for filling the dogs pool, and the new one is for watering and washing the car and all, so that's the one that has the sprayer nozzle on it. So, since there's already a hose in the back yard, I just took the nozzle off the hose in front and put it on the hose in the back. Then, knowing full well there's a crack in the old hose-I'd taped it up in the past- I turned on the water. Bet you can guess where this is going. Yeah, this was instantly catagorized a Bad Idea. When I turned on the hose, the pressure from having the nozzle on there blew the crack open, and water sterted spraying everywhere. But wait, it gets better! Rather than just turning off the water, I thought to myself, I bet if I turn the nozzle on, it'll release enough pressure and the hose will stop spraying! Didn't work. The dogs and I all got really wet. So, I had to turn off the water, drag around the new hose (which, by the way, I had debated over doing to begin with), switch the nozzle and then spray the grill. And the moral of the story is, common sense should ALWAYS rule out over laziness. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home