Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Friday, August 12, 2005

Mornings are yuck

I have to get up early in the mornings. Early. My alarm goes off at 4:00. Now, I don't have to leave until 5:50, but mornings just take that long. And everyone thinks it's funny since I don't put on makeup or fuss with my hair or agonize over my clothes--it shouldn't take that long, right? Well, I'll tell you why...I don't function in the morning. And I don't mean I'm grouchy and slow (although I am!) I mean I don't work in the mornings. Every morning, it takes time to remember how to turn my alarm off. I go into the bathroom and stand there and try to figure out what to do to wash my face(and I don't know how many times I've tried to wash it with mouthwash). I stare at my contact case and wonder how the heck those things go into my eyes. Then I have to come out and figure out how the coffee pot works. And why is the cat meowing? And where are my clothes? And my shoes? On and on, all morning. Plus I have the kids to get ready, too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home