Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Monday, April 17, 2006

PC puke

You know, sometimes working with kids makes you hear enough politically correct nonsense to make you want to hurl. My latest complaint is the winning and losing issue...because apparently kids don't lose at anything anymore. I hear a lot of "There are no losers in this class" and "We're all winners here!" To which I say, bull sh*t. How in the world are we supposed to encourage our kids to strive to do their best if they don't ever win? And how will they know how they're doing in the scheme of things if they don't lose once in awhile? I want to be the best at everything I do, and if I find that I'm not, I try harder, and I'll keep trying until I am the best. I don't think it's cocky. If people say they don't want to be the best, I read it as saying "I don't want to try." There's some things that I know I'm not great at, but it doesn't stop me from trying to be. And I'm sorry, but when I'm in charge of a classroom and two kids are playing a game, as long as they both follow the rules there damn well is a winner and I will congratulate that child.

So there.

Couldn't find Lucius this morning...till I opened the front door and saw her sitting there....with the big grey tom from across the street...

Wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home