Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Snakes and Harry

I had to catch another snake at work yesterday. This makes the second time in a month I've been called away from whatever I was doing at the time for this particular duty. I feel like there should be some sort of bonus pay for snake wrangling. And what really cracks me up is that these are rat snakes--you can't get any more harmless than that. But none of the other girls will go near them...although I did get Micah to touch this one while I was holding it.

Spoiler alert...don't read the rest of this if you haven't read the last Potter yet!!

I sat on my couch for nine hours on Saturday and read the last Harry Potter book. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. It was what I expected, but not what I had hoped for. I was looking forward to something a little more dramatic. Some of the Horcrux destruction was a little too convenient, especially the Fiendfyre. And all that buildup and Harry defeats Voldmort with one spell? Come on, is wasn't even a harmful spell, it was defensive. And, okay, Fred dies, but that was a little anti-climatic too. Still and all, it was a good book, and I'm a little sad to see Harry go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home