Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Running Around --or-- Wasted Trips

Ok. I promise I haven't been ignoring this site on purpose! I really did have plans to publish yesterday, but I spent all evening trying to confirm reservations for the island. Ugh. The stupid site wasn't cooperating, either. And it's giving me the runaround again today, too. It's been a b-- trying to get this done! They were supposed to call me today and I was going to confirm over the phone, but that didn't happen...I guess I'll tell you about the weekend, then!
Saturday, we went to Sears to use Mike's gift card, but they didn't have what he wanted, so it was a wasted trip. So we went to Mrs. Baird's to buy bread, which was $1.65. Well, last I looked, it was $1.20 at Wal*Mart, and we were going there anyway to get dog food, so I didn't buy any. Another wasted trip. So I got to Wal*Mart, and bread had jumped to $1.88. Argh! Had to buy some though, so we did.
Saturday night I went to bed at 10:30. Mike got up with the kids, and I ended up sleeping till 1:30. In the afternoon. I was so stiff when I got up! We decided Sunday that we'd go back to Sears and use the gift card towards a tent. Since their tent sale ended Tuesday, we had to go Monday. We got there, bought a tent (a nice one too, seven feet high in the center. Mike can stand up in it!), and decided that since we'd already eaten both loaves of bread, we'd stop by Mrs. Bairds and buy more. And after that we went ahead and went to Wal*Mart and did grocery shopping since I usually do that on Mondays anyway. It was a repeat performance, only without the wasted trips!

Well, I must wrap this up, as I don't want to miss any more of the hockey game...for the next two weeks, I am a (temporary) devout Devils fan...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home