Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Friday, July 04, 2003

Hatcher in red?

Wow. I'm already bored...I kinda want to go buy some new shoes...Oh, don't act so suprised, I do occasionally act like a girl, and I do like sandals...

Derian Hatcher went and signed with the Wings yesterday. The Wings! Why don't you just go ahead and twist the knife some, Hatch? Sign with the Wings indeed. It's bad enough that they took Hullie from us...I still havn't forgiven them for that. Detroit takes all our good players...I guess they're incapable of training up their own, so they resort to taking franchise players from other teams...like Dallas...and I know it's really Dallas' fault for not re-signing them, but it's a heck of a lot easier to blame someone else, isn't it? And of course there's the impending salary cap and all, but still.... I can't believe anyone was insane enough to give any player a 5 year deal! Derian, you make me sad. Modano will get the C now, of course, I don't think there was any real question about that... Colorado got Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne-they'll be a team to watch with that dynamic duo. And you know Kariya took like an eight million dollor pay cut just to play with Colorado for one year? Columbus has been busy, too, picking up Marchant, Trevor Letowski and re-signing Cassels. I guess they figure if they sign enough power, they can overcome the fact that they're named the "Blue Jackets." Not exactly a name that inspires fear, is it? All I can say is that it had better be the best season ever, what with the collective bargaining agreement expiring and the prospect of NO HOCKEY next season...man, that'll really suck a big one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home