Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Purple carrots?

I just heard this morning that Dany Heatly and Dan Snyder got in this heally bad car wreck yesterday...Heatley should be ok but Snyder's in pretty bad shape...AP says--Heatley lost control of his 2002 Ferrari 360 Modena on a curve on a two-lane road Monday night in Atlanta, police said. The vehicle crossed into the other lane, left the road and struck a wrought iron and brick wall in front of an apartment complex. The car was ripped in half and the players were thrown onto the road.


Heatley also was charged with serious injury by vehicle -- a felony -- and three misdemeanors, police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Iosty said.


I slept with the window open last night. It was great...nice and cool. In fact, I was cold when I woke up this morning...I love fall!

I discovered something interesting this morning...In the 18th century all carrots were either purple or white. It was the Dutch farmers who decided to plant and cultivate orange crops as it was their national color. Now, I've seen white carrots--you know, the wild ones,-- but I've never seen purple ones. And you know what else I was wondering? When a new housing development goes up, like where we live, who picks the street names?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home