Life, Random Thoughts and a Fair Amount of Hockey

Saturday, June 14, 2003

If you give a mouse a cookie...

I think I've discovered out why my house is always so messy...

I got up this morning a little before 8:00 and decided I'd finish cleaning the house today. I thought I'd start in the kitchen. I unloded the dishwasher-that went ok. After I put all the dishes away, I took my decorating tips out and went to put them away. I keep all my decorating stuff in the utility room. After I put them away, I passed the dryer and noticed it was open and empty. I knew there were clothes in the washer, so I threw them in the dryer. Figured while I was at it, I'd start another load. Put in the whites and used the last of the detergent. Started the washer and then went to go write detergent on my grocery list so I didn't forget. Wrote a couple of other things, too. Then I remembered I was cleaning the kitchen. I got up to start cleaning off the counters, and I found one of Autumn's bracelets. Took it into her room, where I noticed her betta tank needed cleaning. I meant to do it last night. I remembered I wanted to move it, too, so it's not in the sun anymore. Decided to put it on top of her dresser, but then I noticed that the portable radio was there. I took the radio back to the garage, where I saw some tools laying out. Put them away, and remembered that the garage sale is next weekend. Thought I'd clean the garage. But then I remembered that I needed something to put the betta in so I could clean the tank. Picked up a bucket and went back into the house. Then I remembered I was cleaning the kitchen. Loaded the dishwasher and went back to cleaning the counters. Found the satellite remote on the stove(?), so I took it into the living room. Noticed there were some crumbs on the carpet, so I vaccumed them up. Decided I'd go ahead and vacuum the whole room. finished up and then I remembered I was cleaning the kitchen. realised why my house was always messy. Thought I'd write about it. Now, it's 10:30, the kitchen's not clean, the livingroom's not clean, the betta tank isn't cleaned or moved and I'm stiitng at the computer. Huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home